You are here
The following is what you should demonstrate regularly in your training before you take your first test.
Rolling - Forward and Bank Roll: initially from kneeling/sitting progressing to rolling from standing to standing.
Strikes - should be clear and controlled such that you can avoid injuring Nage if they fail to move off the line of attack.
- Mune-tsuki (fist - straight punch stepping with the foot from the same side to midsection),
- Shomen-uchi (Open hand - chopping strike down the centerline to the top of the forehead),
- Yokomen-uchi (Open hand – chopping strike from off the centerline to the temple)
Grabs - should demonstrate your ability and willingness to give an appropriate attack. Open to receiving without throwing yourself away.
- Ma ai (distance between Nage and Uke)
- Hamni (basic stance)
- Ground and center (Feel yourself)
- Off the line (Get off the line of attack once they have committed to the attack)
- Blend (Feel them)
- Hand-Center Connection
- Lead (Add to what they bring)